Quick Assignment Help
Impact of a neurotransmitter on a postsynaptic cell
- Name four ways a drug can be administered and a benefit and a drawback of using each of the four routes.
- Virtually all neurons in the brain receive excitatory input from what neurotransmitter? And inhibitory input from what neurotransmitter?
- Name and define the two opposite changes in response to the repeated administration of a drug?
- Name and define the two general categories of postsynaptic impact a drug can have.
- Describe three ways in which a drug can reduce the impact of a neurotransmitter on a postsynaptic cell. (Note that the direct action of the drug may be on the presynaptic cell.)
- Name the two types of acetylcholine receptor and specify which receptor is the fast one.
- Which of the three dopaminergic systems is associated with addiction? Why might this system be associated with drugs that make you feel good?
- What are the three major catecholamines neurotransmitters? One catecholamine can be converted (by an enzyme) into another catecholamine. Which of the three is the precursor and which is the product? Which of the three is also called adrenalin?
- Prozac and ecstasy (MDMA) both impact which neurotransmitter and how do they change the synaptic processing of the neurotransmitter?