Module 4 Discussion Emergency Preparedness & Health Policy
Emergency Preparedness & Health Policy
After studying Module 4: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
- How your work environment prepares and responds to emergency preparedness (you may choose natural or man-made emergencies)?
- How do you see health policy impacting nursing practice in preparing for emergencies?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Mason, D. J., Gardner, D. B., Outlaw, F. H. & O’Grady, E. T. (2020).
- Chapters 23, 24, 28, 30, 31, and 38
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website, locate and read the article(s) below:
- Blake, S. C., Hawley, J. N., Henkel, A. G., & Howard, D. H. (2018). Implementation of Florida long term care emergency preparedness portal web site, 2015–2017. American Journal of Public Health, 108, S399–S401.
- Sales, C., Kim, Y., Kim, G., Lin, B., & Palaniappan, L. (2021). Precision public health matters: An international assessment of communication, preparedness, and coordination for successful COVID-19 responses. American Journal of Public Health, 111(3), 392–394.
- Traynor, K. (2019). Unprecedented storm tests preparation at small Georgia hospital. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, 76(2), 68–69.