Assignment: Developing A Program Evaluation
To prepare for this Assignment, identify a program evaluation you would like to conduct for a program with which you are familiar. Consider the details of the evaluation, including the purpose, specific questions to address, and type of information to collect. Then, consider the stakeholders that would be involved in approving that evaluation. Review the resources for samples of program evaluations.
Submit the following:
- 1. A 1-page stakeholder analysis that identifies the stakeholders, their role in the agency and any concerns that they might have about the proposed program evaluation.
- 2. A 2- to 3-page draft of the program evaluation plan to submit to the stakeholders that:
- Identifies the purpose of the evaluation
- Describes the questions that will be addressed and the type of information that will be collected
- Addresses the concerns of the stakeholders that you identified in your Stakeholder Analysis
Dudley, J. R. (2020). Social work evaluation: Enhancing what we do (3rd ed.) Oxford University Press.
- Chapter 1, “Evaluation and Social Work: Making the Connection” (pp. 3–26)
- Chapter 4, “Common Types of Evaluations” (pp. 78-95)
- Chapter 5, “Focusing an Evaluation” (pp. 96-110)
W. K. Kellogg Foundation. (2017). The step-by-step guide to evaluation: How to become savvy evaluation consumers. Retrieved from https://wkkf.issuelab.org/resource/the-step-by-step-guide-to-evaluation-how-to-become-savvy-evaluation-consumers-4.html
- Chapter 4, “Overview of the Evaluation Process That Reflects Evaluation Thinking”
- Chapter 5, “Preparing for the Evaluation”
- Chapter 6, “Determine Stakeholders and Engage Them in Evaluation”
- Chapter 7, “Developing a Logic Model, Evaluation Questions, “Measurement Framework, and Evaluation Plan”
- Chapter 8, “Data Collection and Analysis”
- Chapter 9, “Summarize, Communicate and Reflection on Evaluation Findings”