Type 2 Diabetes
Write a 2-3-page paper on TYPE 2 Diabetes (excluding title and reference pages).
Include the following sections about the selected disease process (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric).
- Introduction of disease – 10 points/10%
- One paragraph (approximately 200 words)
- Includes disease description
- Includes epidemiology of disease
- Etiology and risk factors – 20 points/20%
- Common causes of the disease or condition
- Risk factors for the disease or condition
- Impact of age
- Prevalence based on gender,
- Influence of environment
- Genetic basis of disease
- Lifestyle influences
- All information supported by current literature
- Pathophysiological processes – 20 points/20%
- Describes changes occurring at the cellular, tissue, and/or organ level that contribute to the disease process.
- Describes adaptation of the cells and body in response to the disease.
- Relates disease processes to manifested signs and symptoms.
- Clinical manifestations and complications – 20 points/20%
- Describes the physical signs and symptoms that are important in considering the presence of the disease.
- Identifies signs that contribute to diagnosis of the condition
- Identifies symptoms that contribute to diagnosis of the condition.
- Identifies complications of the disease.
- Discusses the implications to the patient when complications are left untreated.
- Diagnostics – 10 points/10%
- Includes list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests used to determine the presence of the disease.
- Discusses the significance of test findings in relation to the disease process
- APA Style and Organization – 10 points/10%
- References are submitted with assignment.
- Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
- Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
- Paper is 2-3 pages, excluding title and reference pages.
- At least two (2) scholarly, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided
- Must be APA 7th Edition Formatting
Textbook : https://1lib.us/book/11716541/c4e07d
Goulds Pathophysiology for the Health Professions by Robert J. Hubert, Karin C.