Mission Critical System
Describe a mission-critical system and why it is important to a company.
- Discuss the difference between system software and application software and give one example of each.
- Describe a systems analyst as well as some of the responsibilities and characteristics of a systems analyst.
- Define big data and the link between big data and NoSQL databases.
- What is a business profile and why is it important to a systems analyst?
- Discuss three popular methods of developing information systems
- Describe strategic planning and discuss how it relates to a mission statement, long-term goals, short-term goals and critical success factors.
- Discuss the reasons for systems requests as well as internal and external factors that affect systems requests.
- Feasibility is a major factor in systems requests. Discuss the four types of feasibility that are a part of feasibility studies.
- What is project scope, why is it important to determine the project scope, and how does that relate to project creep?
- What is corporate culture and why is it important to the systems analyst?
- What five questions should systems analyst or anyone interested in being a successful communicator answer before communicating?
- How can the economic feasibility of a project be determined
- What is a payback period and why is it important?
- How is Return on Investment (ROI) calculated and why is it important?